Update Workplace Chat desktop app
If you use the Workplace Chat desktop app, you must update it to the new version before November 30 2022. The old version will not work after this date.
How to update to the latest version of the Workplace Chat desktop app
To install the latest version of the Workplace Chat desktop app, click one of the following links depending on which operating system you’re using:
If you face a problem
You may need to update your Windows operating system to update the Workplace Chat desktop app. The updated app is not supported on Windows 8.1 or versions of Windows 10 1809 (October 2018 update and earlier). See Microsoft’s FAQs on Windows updates.
If you are still facing problems, you will still be able to access Workplace Chat by using:
- Chat on Workplace in a web browser
- Workplace Chat Android or iOS apps
Improvements and new features
There are several improvements and new features with the updated version of the Workplace Chat desktop app.
- Smaller app file size: the new version of the app will take up less space on your desktop.
- Faster start up times: less time waiting for the app to open.
- Reduced crash rates: a better experience when using the app.
- Better message filtering: for example, you can choose to just view all unread messages.
- Easier pinned chat management: you can more easily prioritize pinned chats by dragging and dropping them in the order you want them.
- Improved video calling:
- Better video quality with reduced freezing
- Better audio quality on slower networks
- HD video quality for 2-person calls only
New features include:
- Workplace notifications: you can enable or disable Workplace notifications through the Workplace Chat app.
- Expanded selection of emoji reactions to messages: you can react to messages with any emoji from our emoji library.
- Check for updates: you can click Check for updates to see if you are on the latest version of the app and automatically update.
- Shared links: you can see a list of all links shared in a chat.