Stream Microsoft Teams meetings to Workplace
If your organization uses Microsoft Teams and Workplace, then you can livestream your Microsoft Teams meetings on Workplace as a live video.
This lets people watch live Teams meetings and events on Workplace, or catch up later by watching a recording on Workplace. They do not need to be a Microsoft Teams user to do this – they just need access to where you’re streaming the Teams meeting on Workplace.
Before you can livestream a Microsoft Teams meeting, a Teams admin needs to first enable streaming from Microsoft Teams to Workplace.
Teams admins: Enable streaming from Microsoft Teams to Workplace
You must be a Teams admin to enable streaming from Microsoft Teams to Workplace.
- Give people the necessary permissions to stream Microsoft Teams meetings. You can do this in the meetings section of the Teams admin center. Read Microsoft’s full advice for more information here.
- Enable the Workplace Live app. You can do this in the apps section of the Teams admin center. Read Microsoft’s full advice for more information here.
- Add the Workplace Live app to Teams. To do this, navigate to your organization’s apps from the left menu on Teams. Search for Workplace Live, then add it to Teams.
The people you’ve given streaming permissions to will now be able to add it to their meetings in Teams.
Stream a Microsoft Teams meeting to Workplace
Teams admins must have completed the above steps before you can stream a Microsoft Teams meeting.
When this is done, to start a Workplace livestream from a Teams meeting:
- When you've joined a Teams meeting, you can add a Workplace Live stream by clicking +Apps at the top of the meeting and then selecting the Workplace Live app.
- If you haven’t already linked your Workplace and Teams accounts, you will need to do this before continuing.
- Click Save to open the broadcast panel in your meeting. It will also add the Workplace Live icon to Meeting's navigation at the top.
- Choose whether you want to create a new broadcast (which means Teams will create a new Workplace Live post for the stream) or broadcast it to a Workplace event you’ve already set up.
- Add a stream name and description. These will appear on Workplace.
- Choose whether you want to enable live questions.
- Choose whether you want to livestream from your Workplace profile (only people who follow you will see it in their News Feed), or to a group you have posting rights for.
- Choose whether you want to enable auto-generated captions and Live Rewind.
Engaging with Microsoft Team meeting streams on Workplace
There are a few different ways people can engage with Microsoft Team meeting streams on Workplace:
- Add a reaction, such as a like. People can add a reaction to any post they have access to on Workplace.
- Add a comment. People can add a comment to any post they have access to on Workplace, unless the ability to add comments on a specific post has been turned off.
- Ask a question as part of a Q&A. You turn this feature on or off on Microsoft Teams when setting up the livestream.
All activity will be visible on Workplace even after the live video has finished, unless the recording is deleted. The people who are livestreaming the event on Microsoft Teams will also be able to see this activity directly on Microsoft Teams while the meeting is being livestreamed.
Learn about our other Microsoft Teams integration.